PUC-Rio’s research group in Ethics and Algorithmic Mediation of Social Processes (EMAPS), createdin January 2019, invites you for its second annual workshop. Take note of date, time and venue!
Time: 16:00 to 19:00
Venue: Auditório B6, Frings Building, PUC-Rio
In this workshop, we will have with us Dr. Maria Angela Ferrario », from the University of Lancaster (UK), who leads a series of initiatives related to Values in Computing, (ViC) ». The II EMPAS Workshop will discuss hot issues and interdisciplinary collaboration opportunities at the intersection of research on Semiotic Engineering (SERG-EMAPS, PUC-Rio) and Values in Computing (ViC, University of Lancaster).
The official language of the workshop is English.
Prof. Simone Barbosa (Department of Informatics, PUC-Rio)
16:20 Human Values in Computing
Dr. Maria Angela Ferrario (Department of Computing and Communications, University of Lancaster)
17:40 Round Table*
Intersecting Roads in Values, Ethics, Semiotics, and Contemporary Computing
Moderator: Prof. Carla Leitão (Department of Psychology, PUC-Rio)
• Dr. Maria Angela Ferrario (Department of Computing and Communications, University of Lancaster)
• Prof. Helio Lopes (Department of Informatics, PUC-Rio)
• Prof. Caitlin Mulholland (Department of Law, PUC-Rio)
• Prof. Clarisse de Souza (Department of Informatics, PUC-Rio)
Prof. Carla Leitão (Department of Psychology, PUC-Rio)
* The topic of this round table will be seeded by a recent article by EMAPS authors, previously distributed to the speakers. The work proposes an epistemic tool to stimulate the developers of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning applications to reason about ethical aspects of their work.